Meeting Minutes Monday March 23, 2020
Yavapai County Educational Technology Consortium (YCETC)
Board of Directors Special Meeting Minutes
Monday March 23, 2020 10am
YCESA – training room – Zoom
2970 Centerpointe E Dr, Prescott 86301
Board Members and the Public May Attend by Telephonic or Electronic Means. Call 928-442-5692. No Code is Needed.
|Board Members||YCETC Title||Dec. 6||Jan . 31||Feb. 28||March 23||Aug. 28|
|Tim Carter||Ex Officio Facilitator||P||P||P||P|
|Gary Cummins||Instructional Technology Rep.||P||P||P||P|
|Kathy Epperson||Instructional Technology Rep.||P||EX||P||P|
|Christine Griffin||Group 3 School Rep.||P||P||P||P|
|Bob Weir||Group 2 School Rep.||EX||EX||P||P|
|Marvy McNeese||Group 1 School Rep||P||P||P||P|
|John Morgan||Yavapai College Rep.||P||P||P||P|
|Corey Christians||Library Rep.||EX||P||P||P|
|Bill Sakelarios||Charter Rep.||P||P||EX||P|
Also present were: Frank Vander Horst – YCESA Jenn Nelson – YCESA
Call to Order (President Epperson)
President Epperson called the meeting to order at 10:05am
Welcome and Establishment of Quorum (President Epperson)
A quorum was established.
Limited Call to the Public
- The public is invited to speak about any agenda item.
- There is a limit of three (3) minutes per speaker and 20 minutes total.
- Request to speak must be in writing and provided to the Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or prior to
any agenda item.
- The President has absolute discretion over procedural matters.
- The Board may waive their “Public Participation Policy” as it applies to all speakers.
- Members of the public may indicate their support or opposition to a topic, in writing, that will be noted
And entered into the record.
- The Board may not respond to comments from the public, but may ask the facilitator to respond or place
the item on a future agenda.
There were no limited calls from the public.
Presentation, Discussion and Action Item – Review and Possible Approve Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) to Extend Yavapai County Educational Technology Consortium for a __ Year Period (Superintendent Carter
Mr. Carter shared with the board that the IGA is the same as the last one, with one exception of the item 9 for waiver of conflict of interest. This was added to the agreement because legal counsel also now represents member districts as well. The board discussed and agreed to a 10-year timeframe for the contract.
John Morgan made a motion to approve the draft IGA for a 10 year period and to be sent to member districts for review; Bob Weir seconded the motion; it was unanimously approved by John Morgan, Bob Weir, Christine Griffin, Marvy McNeese, Kathy Epperson, Bill Sakelarios, Gary Cummins, and Corey Christians.
Action Item: Adjournment
President Epperson Adjourned the meeting at 10:14 am