Meeting Agenda Friday, February 28, 2020
Annual Meeting Agenda
Yavapai County Educational Technology Consortium (YCETC) Board of Directors
Friday, February 28, 2020 1:00 P.M. Regular Meeting
Yavapai County Library District
1971 Commerce Circle Center Suite A,
Board Members and the Public May Attend by Telephonic or Electronic Means. Call 928-442-5721. No Code is Needed.
Call to Order (President Epperson)
Welcome and Establishment of Quorum (President Epperson)
Pledge of Allegiance (President Epperson)
Limited Call to the Public (President Epperson)
- The public is invited to speak about any agenda item.
- There is a limit of three (3) minutes per speaker and 20 minutes total.
- Request to speak must be in writing and provided to the Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or prior to any agenda item.
- The President has absolute discretion over procedural matters
- The Board may waive their “Public Participation Policy” as it applies to all speakers.
- Members of the public may indicate their support or opposition to a topic, in writing, that will be noted and entered into the record.
- The Board may not respond to comments from the public, but may ask the facilitator to respond or place the item on a future agenda.
Discussion and Action Items of the Consent Agenda (President Epperson):
All items on the Consent agenda may be adopted as a whole with one motion, unless a member of the Board wishes to consider it separately.
- Approval of the Minutes for January 31, 2020.
- Approval of Meeting Agenda for February 28, 2020 .
Presentation, Discussion and Action Items- Legislative Update, Secure Rural Schools Act / Forest Fee Management Association Report (Superintendent Carter)
Presentation, Discussion, and Action Item: Direct Superintendent Carter to Call for Electronic Nominations and Hold an Electronic Election to Fill the Library Representative Seat on the Board of Directors, as Outlined in the By-Laws, for a Term of Three Years Beginning July 1, 2020 and Ending on June 30, 2023. (Superintendent Carter)
Presentation, Discussion and Action Item – Direct Superintendent Carter to Call for Electronic Nominations and Hold an Electronic Election to Fill TWO (2) Instructional Technology Representative Seats on the Board of Directors, as Outlined in the By-Laws, for a Term of Three Years Beginning July 1, 2020 and Ending on June 30, 2023. (Superintendent Carter)
Presentation, Discussion and Action Item: Direct Superintendent Carter to Open Discussions with the Association’s Attorney, to Begin the Process of Revising the Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA) for the Yavapai County Educational Technology Consortium (YCETC), so the Board is Presented with a Final Draft at their Next Meeting. (Superintendent Carter)
Presentation, Discussion: Cybersecurity Update and Proposed Security Operations Center Pilot with The Trust (Barbara U’Ren and Stan Goligoski)
Presentation, Discussion, and Action Item: Treasurer’s Report
- Legal Counsel Report
- Finance Accounts
- Overdue Client Accounts
Presentation, Discussion, and Action Item: Potential Future Projects or Initiatives, and Potential Funding requests to the Forest Fee Management Association (FFMA) (Stan Goligoski and Frank Vander Horst)
Discussion and Action Item: The Board May Add Future Meeting Dates in Addition to Those Already Established (President Epperson)
- May 28, 2020, 2PM YCESA Prescott
- August 28, 2020 9AM YCESA Prescott
Action Item: Adjournment (President Epperson)
Reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) will be made by contacting Jenn Nelson at 928-442-5138 or Jenn Nelson@yavapai.us