Special Meeting Minutes – Tuesday, June 21, 2022
Yavapai Education Service Agency – in person or zoom
2970 Centerpointe East Drive, Prescott, Arizona 86301
Tuesday, June, 21, 2022 10:30 am
|Board Members||Representing||March 8 2022||June 14 2022||June 21 2022||Sept. 13 2022||Dec. 13 2022|
|Tim Carter||Ex Officio, Non- Voting Facilitator||P||P||P|
|Kellie Burns||Group 1||P||P||P|
|Dr. Stephanie Miller||Group 2||P||P||P|
|Danny Brown||Group 3||P||P||P|
|Dennis Dearden||Group 4||P||P||P|
|Mardi Read||Group 5||P||P||P|
Also present were:
Yavapai County Forest Fee Management Association
Board of Directors
Special Meeting Minutes
Welcome and Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 10:30
Establishment of Quorum and Pledge of Allegiance (President Brown)
A quorum was established. Due to conference call meeting President Brown dismissed the Pledge of Allegiance.
Limited Call to the Public (President Brown)
- The public is invited to speak about any agenda item.
- There is a limit of three (3) minutes per speaker and 20 minutes total.
- Request to speak must be in writing and provided to the Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or prior to any agenda item.
- The President has absolute discretion over procedural matters
- The Board may waive their “Public Participation Policy” as it applies to all speakers.
- Members of the public may indicate their support or opposition to a topic, in writing, that will be noted and entered into the record.
- The Board may not respond to comments from the public, but may ask the facilitator to respond or place the item on a future agenda.
No call to the public.
4. Information, Discussion and Action Item: Approval of Total Fund Distribution Amount of $1,557.693.48
Mardi Read made a motion to approve the fund distribution amount of $1,557,693.48; Danny Brown seconded the motion; ; it was unanimously approved 4/0 by Danny Brown, Mardi Read, Kellie Burns, Stephanie Miller and Denny Dearden.
5. Information, Discussion and Action Item; Approval of Fund Distribution Formula:
• The total amount to be distributed, including interest earned, is $1,557,693.48
• The total 2021 ADM per school is listed, amounting to a county wide total of 18,633.949 ADM
• Dividing 18,633.949 into $1,557,693.48 creates a “per pupil amount” of $83.594
• Multiplying the “per pupil amount” by the individual school district ADM provides a remaining amount
• That difference is $0, leaving a rounding amount of $0 per school (25 school districts), which is then added to that school total.
• The 0 cents left over goes to our smallest school……. Crown King
Danny Brown made a motion to approve the fund distribution formula; Dennis Dearden seconded the motion; it was unanimously approved 4/0 by Danny Brown, Mardi Read, Kellie Burns, Stephanie Miller and Denny Dearden
Action Item: Adjournment
Danny Brown adjourned the meeting at 10:34 am