Meeting Minutes – Wednesday, June 16, 2021
Yavapai Education Service Agency – in person or zoom
2970 Centerpointe East Drive, Prescott, Arizona 86301
Wednesday, June 16, 2021 8:00 A.M.
|Board Members||Representing||March 9 2021||April 23 2021||June 8 2021||June 16 2021||June 18 2021||Sept. 14 2021||Dec 14 2021|
|Tim Carter||Ex Officio, Non- Voting Facilitator||P||P||P||P|
|Kellie Burns||Group 1||P||ABS||P||P|
|Dr. Stephanie Miller||Group 2||P||P||P||P|
|Danny Brown||Group 3||P||P||P||P|
|Dennis Dearden||Group 4||P||P||P||P|
|Mardi Read||Group 5||P||P||P||P|
Also present were: Stan Goligoski – YCESA, Jenn Nelson – YCESA, Frank Vander Horst – YCESA, Rosemary Agneessens
Yavapai County Forest Fee Management Association
Board of Directors
Special Meeting Minutes
Welcome and Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 1:00 p.m.by President Brown
Establishment of Quorum and Pledge of Allegiance (President Brown)
A quorum was established. Due to conference call meeting President Brown dismissed the Pledge of Allegiance.
Limited Call to the Public (President Brown)
- The public is invited to speak about any agenda item.
- There is a limit of three (3) minutes per speaker and 20 minutes total.
- Request to speak must be in writing and provided to the Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or prior to any agenda item.
- The President has absolute discretion over procedural matters
- The Board may waive their “Public Participation Policy” as it applies to all speakers.
- Members of the public may indicate their support or opposition to a topic, in writing, that will be noted and entered into the record.
- The Board may not respond to comments from the public, but may ask the facilitator to respond or place the item on a future agenda.
No call to the public.
Discussion and Action Items of the Consent Agenda: all items on the consent agenda may be adopted as a whole with one motion, unless a member of the Board wishes to consider it separately
- Approval of the Minutes from the Regular Meeting on June 8, 2021
- Approval of the Special Meeting Agenda for Wednesday, June 16, 2021
Danny Brown made a motion to approve the consent agenda as presented; Dennis Dearden seconded the motion; it was unanimously approved 5/0 by Danny Brown, Dennis Dearden, Stephanie Miller, Mardi Read and Kellie Burns.
Information, Discussion and Action Item: Review and Potentially Modify Encumbrance Items and Amounts
- Yavapai College Matinee Series
- E-Rate Update
- Administrative Fund
- Elections Update
- Lobbying / Advocacy Update
- Technology Related Funding
- Professional Development Funding
- Other Budget, Encumbrance, or Financial Items Raised from the Member Districts or Board Members
Mr. Carter and Jenn presented the board with the recommended amount for encumbered items. The board discussed and agreed that they could hold off on election amounts until the next disbursement is received, since election costs will not be needed until November 2022, but agreed to commit funding to the elections costs with the next disbursement. The remaining $177,499 was discussed and it was agreed to leave that money available in the bank in case a financial need arises. The board agreed to extend the following encumbrances below
- Additional $16,000 to E-Rate
- Additional $57,652 to Director Salary
- Additional $31,535 to Yavapai College
- Additional $1,100 to Teacher Retention Grant (will close it out Dec. 2021)
- Additional $67,326 to College and Career Specialist
- Additional $9,552 to Teacher Consolidation
- $55,000 and $4,082 back into Lobbyist and Community Organizer
Danny Brown made a motion to approve the above line items as presented and leaving the $177,499 remaining in the bank; Dennis Dearden seconded the motion; it was unanimously approved 5/0 by Danny Brown, Dennis Dearden, Stephanie Miller, Mardi Read and Kellie Burns.
The board then discussed the issue of the Tech Fund account. Jenn presented the board with the Tech Fun Timeline (available upon request)
The board agreed that they will fulfill their approval for the Tech Fund but unfortunately, they current only have $366,548 remaining and will not be able to fund the remaining $451,611 until future disbursements are received. It was agreed that the funds should be released and no longer on hold. The board discussed the 4 districts that have not used any funds should receive their first half of funding, that would leave the board with $342,200 to disburse. Discussion regarding how to disburse the remaining amount led to agreement for Stan to reach out to districts, let them know their amount available and get information if the district needed funds now or if they could hold off, this would get a priority list of district’s needs. The data that Stan receives will allow the board to decide how to use the remaining funds and who to allocate them to, all other districts will receive their funds when the next disbursement is received. The board wants to ensure districts they are committed to funding the remaining $451,611 needed for Tech Fund. The board will hold a special meeting Friday June 18, 2021 to review the data and make a decision on how to release/spend the remaining balance in the Tech Fund.
Danny Brown made a motion to approve removing the hold on the tech funds and giving the priority to the 4 districts who have yet to spend any funding (Beaver Creek, Hillside, Seligman, YASD) leaving $342,200 remaining in the Tech Fund; Mardi Read seconded the motion; it was unanimously approved 5/0 by Danny Brown, Dennis Dearden, Stephanie Miller, Mardi Read and Kellie Burns.
Discussion and Action Item: Topics from the board for future agenda items
Tech Fund priority List to determine the spending of the remaining $342,000
Announce Future Meeting Dates
- Friday, June 18, 2021 (2PM)
- Tuesday September 14, 2021 (1 PM)
- Tuesday December 14, 2021 (1 PM)
- Tuesday March 8, 2022 (1 PM)
- Tuesday June 14, 2022 (1 PM)
- Tuesday September 13, 2022 (1 PM)
- Tuesday December 13, 2022 (1 PM)
Action Item: Adjournment
Danny Brown adjourned the meeting at 9:22 am