Special Meeting Minutes – Tuesday April 28, 2020
Yavapai Education Service Agency – Conference call only
2970 Centerpointe East Drive, Prescott, Arizona 86301
Tuesday, April 28, 2020 1:00 P.M.
|Board Members||Representing||Sept. 3 2019||Dec. 2 2019||Mar. 2 2020||April 28, 2020|
|Tim Carter||Ex Officio, Non- Voting Facilitator||P||P||P||P|
|Kellie Burns||Group 1||P||P||P||P|
|Dr. Stephanie Miller||Group 2||P||P||P||P|
|Danny Brown||Group 3||P||P||P||P|
|Dennis Dearden||Group 4||P||P||P||P|
|Mardi Read||Group 5||P||P||P||P|
Also present were: Stan Goligoski – YCESA, Jenn Nelson – YCESA, Lori Bomar – Yarnell, Frank Vander Horst – YCESA
Yavapai County Forest Fee Management Association
Board of Directors
Special Meeting Minutes
Welcome and Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 1:04 p.m.by President Brown
Establishment of Quorum and Pledge of Allegiance (President Brown)
A quorum was established. Due to conference call meeting President Brown dismissed the Pledge of Allegiance.
Limited Call to the Public (President Brown)
- The public is invited to speak about any agenda item.
- There is a limit of three (3) minutes per speaker and 20 minutes total.
- Request to speak must be in writing and provided to the Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or prior to any agenda item.
- The President has absolute discretion over procedural matters
- The Board may waive their “Public Participation Policy” as it applies to all speakers.
- Members of the public may indicate their support or opposition to a topic, in writing, that will be noted and entered into the record.
- The Board may not respond to comments from the public, but may ask the facilitator to respond or place the item on a future agenda.
No call to the public.
Information, Discussion Item: Fiscal Agent Report, Political/Legislative Update (Superintendent Carter)
Tim Carter advised the board that the amount for the 2019 Forest Funds distribution is lower than expected due to the revenues that are paid to secure rural schools was significantly reduced. Federal property that generates fees (other than Taylor Grazing Fees) is pooled together for county secure rural schools. Mr. Carter advised that secure rural funding for 2020 is still expected to come in for the June or September meeting for distribution. Kellie Burns questioned how the future will look with the shutdown of federal property, Mr. Carter advised the board that secure rural schools amounts will continue to be reduced into 2021. Danny Brown clarified the dates of determination for funding for the pooled amounts, Mr. Carter advised the board that the funds do not technically have a beginning and an end, just an end of when they need to be paid so the funds are assumed to be coming from December 2019 to now, even those these funds should have been distributed in September 2019.
Information, Discussion and Action Item: Approval of the Total Fund Distribution Amount of $1,379,197.39
Mr. Carter explained to the board that the funds total with interest is $1,379,197.39 to be distributed to districts per their ADM amount.
Kellie Burns made a motion to approve the distribution amount of $1,379,197.39; Dennis Dearden seconded the motion; it was unanimously approved 5/0 by Kellie Burns, Dennis Dearden, Mardi Read, Stephanie Miller and Danny Brown
Information, Discussion and Action Item: Approval of Fund Distribution Formula;
- The total FY 2019 amount to be distributed, including interest earned is $1,379,197.39
- The total ADM per school is listed, amounting to a county wide total of 19,871.336
- Dividing 19,871.336 into $1,379,197.39 creates a “per pupil amount” of $69.4064
- The formula total is calculated and rounded
- The 2 cents left over goes to our smallest school….Walnut Grove
Mr. Carter explained the process and shared the spreadsheet that shows the district amounts.
Danny Brown made a motion to approve the distribution formula; Mardi Read seconded the motion; it was unanimously approved 5/0 by Kellie Burns, Dennis Dearden, Mardi Read, Stephanie Miller and Danny Brown
Information,Discussion and Action Item: Approval of the Annual Allocation per District.
The board agreed the spread sheet was accurate.
Mardi Read made a motion to approve the allocation amounts to districts; Kellie Burns seconded the motion; it was unanimously approved 5/0 by Kellie Burns, Dennis Dearden, Mardi Read, Stephanie Miller and Danny Brown.
Jenn will reach out to the County Treasurer’s office and have the funds distributed to the districts. Once the funds are distributed, she will send out the letter and invoice for the 50% allocation back to FFMA.
Announce Future Meeting Dates
- June 1, 2020 – the board agreed to hold a special meeting if the 2020 funds are received between the June and September meetings
- September 8, 2020
- December 7, 2020
Action Item: Adjournment
Danny Brown adjourned the meeting at 1:22 p.m.