Meeting Minutes – Friday March 1, 2019
Retreat & Annual Meeting Minutes Friday March 1, 2019 – 2:30 P.M.
Yavapai County Educational Technology Consortium (YCETC) Board of Directors
YCESA – Giffin/Taylor Training Room 2970 Centerpointe East Dr., Prescott, AZ 86301
|Board Members||YCETC Title||July 27||Sept. 21||March 1|
|Tim Carter||Ex Officio Facilitator||P||P||P|
|Gary Commins||Instructional Technology Rep.||P||P||P|
|Kathy Epperson||Instructional Technology Rep.||P||EX||P|
|Christine Griffin||Group 3 School Rep||P||P||P|
|Bob Weir||Group 2 School Rep.||EX||P||P|
|Marvy MrNeese||Group 1 School Rep||P||P||P|
|John Morgan||Yavapai College Rep||P||P||EX|
|Corey Christians||Library Rep.||P||EX||EX|
|Bill Sakelarios||Charter Rep.||P||EX||EX|
Also present were: Stan Goligoski – YCESA, Frank Vander Horst – YCESA e-Rate, Jenn Nelson – YCESA, Larry Fullmer – Chino Valley USD, Glen Lineberry – Miami High School
- Call to Order (President Epperson). President Epperson called the meeting to order at 2:38 PM, there was a delay due to quorum.
- Welcome and Establishment of Quorum (President Epperson) A quorum was established.
- Pledge of Allegiance (President Epperson)
- Limited Call to the Public
The public is invited to speak about any agenda item.
There is a limit of three (3) minutes per speaker and 20 minutes total.
Request to speak must be in writing and provided to the Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or prior to any agenda item.
The President has absolute discretion over procedural matters.
The Board may waive their “Public Participation Policy” as it applies to all speakers.
Members of the public may indicate their support or opposition to a topic, in writing, that will be noted And entered into the record.
The Board may not respond to comments from the public, but may ask the facilitator to respond or place the item on a future agenda.
There were no limited calls from the public.
- Discussion and Action Items of the Consent Agenda: All items on the Consent agenda may be adopted as a whole with one motion, unless a member of the Board wishes to consider it separately.
- Approval of the Agenda for March 1, 2019
- Approval of the Regular Meeting Minutes if November 30, 2018
Christine Griffin made a motion to approve the consent agenda as presented; Marvy McNeese seconded the motion; Christine Griffin, Bob Weir, Marvy McNeese, Kathy Epperson, and Gary Cummins unanimously voted 5/0; it was approved.
- Presentation, Discussion and Action Item- Arizona Rural Education Collaborative, Mr. Glen Lineberry, Principal, Miami High School, in Gila County (Superintendent Carter)Mr. Lineberry presented the consortium with the current mission to put together a network of rural schools to connect courses and teachers through online networks. Mr. Lineberry request if the board has any suggestions or critiques to please let him know. Mr. Carter suggested that YCESA is the only accredited ESA in the state and can offer the credits so it does not look like students bounce around schools.
- Presentation Discussion and Action Item: Legislative Update, Secure Rural Schools Act / Forest Fee Management Association Report (Superintendent Carter)Mr. Carter advised the consortium that the FFMA payment is expected around end of April which would be a June disbursement, there are 2 bills currently for 2019 funds, one is in the house which is moving, one is in the senate which is stalled. Nothing negative in the legislature currently that would pertain to the board.
- Presentation Discussion and Action – Broadband Initiative Grant Update (Mr. Goligoski and Mr. Vander Horst)
- Conversion Update – everything is completed except the Congress School Library, Yarnell School, Mayer High School and Bagdad Schools speed will be increased, Crown King, Canon and Hillside are delayed.
- Cable One Partnership – communication and responsiveness has improved.
- Status of Municipalities – Town of Prescott and Town of Prescott of Valley, City of Cottonwood, Town of Jerome, Yavapai County. Yavapai County will add significant savings to the broadband as a whole.
- Presentation, Discussion, and Action Item: Treasurers Report (Treasurer Cummins)Gary provided the board with current activity statements of the boards accounts showing a profit. YCETC has paid back FFMA the $60,000 they borrowed. Mr. Carter shared with the board that OCR had reached out to YCESA regarding website ADA compliance, and because YCETC site is hosted by the YCESA it is not compliant as well. The YCESA has begun resolving issues and YCETC’s site will be directly impacted the financial responsibility for YCETC will be $320.
- Presentation, Discussion and Action Item: Make Funding Request Recommendations to the Forest Fee Management Board of Directors (President Epperson)Stan proposed to the board a tiered system that totaled out to around $1.8 million based off of ADM and need of the district. The proposal includes prices that have been discounted by vendors to ensure ideal pricing. Prices are locked in for 60 days and will end by April 28, 2019. Mr. Carter advised the board that FFMA has still not received their funds and aren’t expected to until late April for June disbursement. Mr. Carter advised the board that FFMA could possibly put some funding in and float the rest of the cost through warrants with the treasurer. The board discussed how much the prices may raise after the 60 day quote. The board agreed to have Stan to present the proposal to the FFMA board and follow up at the next meeting or a special meeting if needed.
- Information Item: The Board has Agreed to Meet on the Following Dates;The board changed the June meeting to May 30, 2019 at 2pm.Christine Griffin made a motion to change the June 14, 2019 meeting to May 30, 2019 at 2pm; Bob Weir seconded the motion; Christine Griffin, Bob Weir, Marvy McNeese, Kathy Epperson, and Gary Cummins unanimously voted 5/0; it was approved
June 14, 2019 9:00 AM – YCESA May 30, 2019 2:00 PM – YCESA
- September 6, 2019 9:00 AM – YCESA
- November 22, 2019 9:00 AM – YCESA
- Action Item: Adjournment
- President Epperson adjourned the meeting at 3:55 pm