Meeting Minutes – July 9, 2018
Yavapai County Educational Technology Consortium (YCETC) Board of Directors
YCESA – Giffin/Taylor Training Room 2970 Centerpointe East Dr., Prescott, AZ 86301
|Board Members||YCETC Title||Mar. 23||April 20||May 22||July 09||July 27|
|Tim Carter||Ex Officio Facilitator||P||P||P||P|
|Gary Cummins||Instructional Technology Rep.||P||P||P||EX|
|Kathy Epperson||Instructional Technology Rep.||P||P||P||P|
|Christine Griffin||Group 3 School Rep.||P||P||P||EX|
|Bob Weir||Group 2 School Rep.||NA||P||P||P|
|Marvy McNeese||Group 1 School Rep||P||P||P||P|
|John Morgan||Yavapai College Rep.||P||P||P||P|
|Corey Christians||Library Rep.||P||P||P||P|
|Bill Sakelarios||Charter Rep.||P||EX||ABS||P|
Also present were: Stan Goligoski – YCESA, Frank Vander Horst – YCESA e-Rate, Jenn Nelson – YCESA
- Call to Order. President Epperson called the meeting to order at 10:00 AM.
- Welcome and Establishment of Quorum and Pledge of Allegiance and a Moment of Silence in Honor of Past President Jeramy Plumb A quorum was established. The board recited the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Limited Call to the Public
- The public is invited to speak about any agenda item.
- There is a limit of three (3) minutes per speaker and 20 minutes total.
- Request to speak must be in writing and provided to the Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or prior to any agenda item.
- The President has absolute discretion over procedural matters.
- The Board may waive their “Public Participation Policy” as it applies to all speakers.
- Members of the public may indicate their support or opposition to a topic, in writing, that will be noted And entered into the record.
- The Board may not respond to comments from the public, but may ask the facilitator to respond or place the item on a future agenda. There were no limited calls from the public.
- Discussion and Action Items of the Consent Agenda: All items on the Consent agenda may be adopted as a whole with one motion, unless a member of the Board wishes to consider it separately.
- Approval of the Agenda for July 9, 2018
- Approval of the Regular Meeting Minutes of May 22, 2018
- Ratify the Unanimous Election of Christine Griffin to a Three Year Seat on the YCETC Board of Directors, as the Group Three (3) Representative, Ending June 30, 2021.
Marvy McNeese made a motion to approve the consent agenda as presented; Bill Sakelarios seconded the motion; it was approved 6/0.
- Discussion and Action Item- Proposed By-Law Change – One the Advice of Legal Counsel, it is Recommended that Article 1 – Purpose, Section F. Be Deleted (The 501 (C) 3 Provision) is no Longer Operable and Should be Removed. This Item Requires a Majority Vote of the Quorum Present, and Will Need to be Ratified at a Subsequent Meeting of the Board by a Two Thirds Vote, to Become Operative. Mr. Carter discussed with the board that legal counsel recommends removing the 501 (C) 3 provision from the by-laws. The board discussed that Gary Cummins had been working on getting the 501 (C) 3 status reinstated. Mr. Carter explained that legal counsel advised that YCETC will operate as a procurement and that the 501 (C)3 status is no longer necessary. The board agreed that functioning as a procurement would be easier. Tim Carter will contact Gary regarding the status of the renewal process. Marvy McNeese made a motion to propose the by-law change as recommended by legal counsel and deleting Section F. of Article I; Corey Christians seconded the motion; it was approved 6/0
- Discussion and Action Item: Proposed By-Law Change – On the Advice of Legal Counsel, it is Recommended that Article VI-General Provisions, be Amended to Add Section 4 to Read; YCETC Operate Under the Authority of an Intergovernmental Agreement, as an Educational Cooperative and Procurement nit. It is NOT an Agency of Yavapai County Government. This Item Requires a Majority Vote of the Quorum Present, and Will Need to be Ratified at a Subsequent Meeting of the Board by a Two Thirds Vote, to Become Operative. Frank Vander Horst questioned if the board operates as a procurement are there still filings that need to be completed with the IRS. Mr. Carter advised that there will no longer be IRS tax filings necessary if the board proposes the changes and operates as a procurement. Corey Christians made a motion to propose the by-law change as recommended by legal counsel and adding section 4 to Article VI; Kathy Epperson seconded the motion; it was approved 6/0
- Discussion and Action – The Board has Agreed to Meet on the Following Dates July 27, 2018 – 9:00 am – YCESA September 21, 9:00 am – YCESA November 30, 9:00 am – YCESA Bob Weir advised the board that he will not be able to attend the July 27, 2018 meeting, but if absolutely needed for a quorum vote, then he can attend via conference call.
- Action Item – Future Agenda Topics The board agreed on the following future agenda topics: Status of 501 (C) 3 and Financial Report