Meeting Minutes Friday September 10, 2021
Yavapai County Educational Technology Consortium (YCETC)
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Friday, September 10, 2021 – 10am
YCESA – training room – Zoom
2970 Centerpointe E Dr, Prescott 86301
Board Members and the Public May Attend by Telephonic or Electronic Means. Call 928-442-5692. No Code is Needed. or via zoom
|Board Members||YCETC Title||Mar 26||June 18||Sept. 10||Dec. 10|
|Tim Carter||Ex Officio Facilitator||P||P||P|
|Gary Cummins||Instructional Technology Rep.||P||P||P|
|Kathy Epperson||Instructional Technology Rep.||P||P||P|
|Matthew Schumacher||Group 3 School Rep.||NA||NA||P|
|Mike Westcott||Group 2 School Rep.||NA||NA||P|
|Marvy McNeese||Group 1 School Rep||P||P||P|
|John Morgan||Yavapai College Rep.||P||EX||EX|
|Corey Christians||Library Rep.||P||P||P|
|Bill Sakelarios||Charter Rep.||P||P||P|
Also present were: Stan Goligoski – YCESA, Jenn Nelson – YCESA, Frank Vander Horst – YCESA e-Rate, Chris Richardson – ADE, Karina Jones ADE
Call to Order (President Epperson)
President Epperson called the meeting to order at 10:02 AM.
Welcome and Establishment of Quorum (President Epperson)
A quorum was established.
Pledge of Allegiance (President Epperson)
Limited Call to the Public
- The public is invited to speak about any agenda items
- There is a limit of three (3) minutes per speaker and 20 minutes total
- Request to speak must be in writing and provided to the Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or prior to any agenda item
- The President has absolute direction over procedural matters
- The board may waive their “Public Participation Policy” as it applies to all speakers
- Members of the public may indicate their support or opposition to a topic, in writing that will be noted and entered into the record
- The board may not respond to comments from the public but may ask the facilitator to respond or place the item on a future agenda
There was no limited calls from the public
Discussion and Action Items of the Consent Agenda: All items on the consent agenda may be adopted as a whole with one motion, unless a member of the Board wishes to consider it seperately
- Approval of the Regular Meeting Minutes of June 18, 2021
- Approval of the Agenda for September 10, 2021
Marvy McNeese made a motion to approve the consent agenda as presented; Matthew Schumacher seconded the motion; it was unanimously approved 6/0 by Bill Sakelarios, Kathy Epperson, Marvy McNeese, Matthew Schumacher, Mike Westcott, and Gary Cummins
Presentation and Discussion Item: Arizona Department of Education (ADE) Technology Plans (Chris Richardson, Assistant Superintendent)
Chris Richardson and Karina Jones with ADE gave the board a PowerPoint presentation regarding Digital Teaching and Learning throughout the state of Arizona. The board engaged in the presentation and assisted with ideas to connect households, LEAs and Libraries throughout the state. Stan, Kathy and Matt will work with Karina on needs for the assessment to complete the goal of bridge, connect and succeed.
Presentation, Discussion and Action Item: Legislative Update, Secure Rural Schools Act / Forest Fee Management Association Report
Tim Carter advised the board state legislature is no longer in session. Several federal legislatures that can affect YCETC, some broadband and E-Rate updates. Secure Rural Schools Act has been rolled into infrastructure through the house and the senate. If it passes it is for a longer period of time and for more money.
Presentation, Discussion and Action Item – Treasurer’s Report
- Finance Accounts – Gary advised the board that all accounts are up to date and no late accounts. No issues to report. Savings account balance is $1,697 and checking balance is $32,546 and collections have been going smoothly.
Presentation, Discussion and Action Item – Ratify the Nomination and Elections of the Following Board Members, with Term Beginning on July 1, 2021 and Concluding June 30, 2024
- Group 2 – Mike Wescott of Mingus Union High School District
- Group 3 – Matthew Schumacher of Cottonwood Oak Creek School District
Bill Sakelarios made a motion to ratify the nomination and election of Mike Westcott group 2 and Matthew Schumacher group 3; Marvy McNeese seconded the motion; it was unanimously approved 6/0 by Bill Sakelarios, Kathy Epperson, Marvy McNeese, Matthew Schumacher, Mike Westcott, and Gary Cummins.
Presentation, Discussion and Action Item -Technology and E-Rate Report
- Countywide School IT Department Update – Stan advised the board that tat the last-minute funding for the project was pulled out of the budget. Stan and Mr. Carter advised the board that the grant managers are working on looking for grants to complete this project and follow through to completion. The proposal is still on the shelf, just not currently moving forward
- Final Mile Update – Stan updated the board with the proposal for the $20 Billion Broadband Initiative and what locations will be affected first. Some entities will receive their own funds so the $20 million will increase to $56,126,000. Stan is still working with municipalities to build relationships and advocate for broadband.
Presentation, Discussion Item – Is there an Interest in Using ESSER I, II, and III Funding, Related to COVID – 19 for a Collaborative Purchase of Technology or Related Items that Could Qualify under E-Rate?
There was no purchase and no further discussion
Discussion and Action Item: The Following Meeting Dates have been Established by the Board. The Board may add Future Meeting Dates
December 10, 2021 10 am
March 4, 2022 10 am
June 3, 2022 10 am
September 9, 2022 10 am
December 9, 2022 10 am
Action Item: Adjournment
Meeting was adjourned at 11:45 am