Meeting Minutes March 4, 2022
Yavapai County Educational Technology Consortium (YCETC)
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Friday, March 4, 2022 – 10am
YCESA – training room – Zoom
2970 Centerpointe E Dr, Prescott 86301
Board Members and the Public May Attend by Telephonic or Electronic Means. Call 928-442-5692. No Code is Needed. or via zoom
|Ex Officio Facilitator
|Instructional Technology Rep.
|Instructional Technology Rep.
|Group 3 School Rep.
|Group 2 School Rep.
|Group 1 School Rep
|Yavapai College Rep.
Also present were: Frank Vander Horst – YCESA e-Rate
Call to Order (President Epperson)
President Epperson called the meeting to order at 10:00 AM.
Welcome and Establishment of Quorum (President Epperson)
A quorum was established.
Pledge of Allegiance (President Epperson)
Limited Call to the Public
- The public is invited to speak about any agenda items
- There is a limit of three (3) minutes per speaker and 20 minutes total
- Request to speak must be in writing and provided to the Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or prior to any agenda item
- The President has absolute direction over procedural matters
- The board may waive their “Public Participation Policy” as it applies to all speakers
- Members of the public may indicate their support or opposition to a topic, in writing that will be noted and entered into the record
- The board may not respond to comments from the public but may ask the facilitator to respond or place the item on a future agenda
There was no limited calls from the public
Discussion and Action Items of the Consent Agenda: All items on the consent agenda may be adopted as a whole with one motion, unless a member of the Board wishes to consider it seperately
- Approval of the Annual Meeting Minutes of December 10, 2021
- Approval of the Agenda for March 2, 2022
Matthew Schumacher made a motion to approve the consent agenda as presented; John Morgan seconded the motion; it was unanimously approved 7/0 by Bill Sakelarios, Kathy Epperson, Marvy McNeese, Matthew Schumacher, Mike Westcott, John Morgan, and Corey Christians
Presentation, Discussion and Action Item: Legislative Update, Secure Rural Schools Act / Forest Fee Management Association Report
Gary Cummins joined the meeting.
Tim Carter advised the board that secure rural funds has passed as a 25% payment for the 2021 payment. Once the bill is signed it will take 45-60 days for the funds to reach the counties and then it will be available to FFMA. The payment will only be around $250,000-$350,000 which FFMA retains half. There is a bill that would prohibit political subdivisions from having a paid lobbyist. This will affect County School Superintendents and districts, and could possibly impact FFMA and YCETC. Stan Goligoski is no longer with YCESA, YCETC has requested through FFMA to pay part of the positions salary as Technology Director to the consortium, since there is no employee for the time, FFMA will not need to be providing the payment. Frank advised the board that E-Rate success has allowed him to provide E-Rate consult for free, so FFMA will no longer be requested to encumber annual fee of $16,000. The long term plan is to eliminate E-Rate fees throughout Yavapai County.
Presentation, Discussion and Action Item – Treasurer’s Report
- Finance Accounts – Gary reminded the board that the savings is $1,500 and the board wanted in the past to save more. Gary suggested charging an additional half a cent or cent per a mg to go to savings in case the funds are needed. The board agreed to add the discussion to the June agenda for further discussion.
Presentation, Discussion and Action Item -Technology and E-Rate Report
- Countywide School IT Department Update – the State grant is still unavailable, but the countywide school IT is still in discussion and funding is still being pursued
- Final Mile Update and $20 Million Yavapai County Broadband Initiative – Frank advised the board that one of the final mile projects is to bring wireless broadband to Rimrock area and is under construction. The county broadband initiative committee has sent out 2 contracts to 2 firms for high speed fiber internet to Congress, Black Canyon City, Cornville, Rimrock, Mayer and Paulden. Once the contracts are completed they will need to be approved by the BOS. 10,600 homes and business will be impacted by the current broadband initiative.
- Selection of Yavapai County Broadband Coordinator – Mr. Carter advised the board that an RFP had gone out and 3 bids were received. The committee decided to not accept any of the bids due to none of them having a strong accounting background. That RFP will be terminated and an RFQ will allow an independent contractor for construction and finance
- Replacement of YCESA Executive Director and YCETC Technology Director – Mr. Carter advised the board that he is waiting to fill the position until the broadband coordinator position is completed and filled. The position will be posted late June or early July for YCESA executive director and YCETC technology director. John Morgan will be on the hiring committee to represent YCETC. Historically FFMA has funded the YCETC technology director and it is hopeful that the FFMA board will continue once they receive SRS payments.
Discussion and Action Item: The Following Meeting Dates have been Established by the Board. The Board may add Future Meeting Dates
June 3, 2022 10 am
September 9, 2022 10 am
December 9, 2022 10 am
March 2, 2023 10 am
June 1, 2023 10 am
September 7, 2023 10 am
December 7, 2023 10 am
Action Item: Adjournment
Meeting was adjourned at 10:48 am