Meeting Minutes – Friday, June 18, 2021
Yavapai Education Service Agency – in person or zoom
2970 Centerpointe East Drive, Prescott, Arizona 86301
Friday, June 18, 2021 2:00 PM
|Board Members||Representing||March 9 2021||April 23 2021||June 8 2021||June 16 2021||June 18 2021||Sept. 14 2021||Dec 14 2021|
|Tim Carter||Ex Officio, Non- Voting Facilitator||P||P||P||P||P|
|Kellie Burns||Group 1||P||ABS||P||P||P|
|Dr. Stephanie Miller||Group 2||P||P||P||P||P|
|Danny Brown||Group 3||P||P||P||P||P|
|Dennis Dearden||Group 4||P||P||P||P||P|
|Mardi Read||Group 5||P||P||P||P||P|
Also present were: Stan Goligoski – YCESA, Jenn Nelson – YCESA
Yavapai County Forest Fee Management Association
Board of Directors
Special Meeting Minutes
Welcome and Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 2:02 p.m.by President Brown
Establishment of Quorum and Pledge of Allegiance (President Brown)
A quorum was established. Due to conference call meeting President Brown dismissed the Pledge of Allegiance.
Limited Call to the Public (President Brown)
- The public is invited to speak about any agenda item.
- There is a limit of three (3) minutes per speaker and 20 minutes total.
- Request to speak must be in writing and provided to the Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or prior to any agenda item.
- The President has absolute discretion over procedural matters
- The Board may waive their “Public Participation Policy” as it applies to all speakers.
- Members of the public may indicate their support or opposition to a topic, in writing, that will be noted and entered into the record.
- The Board may not respond to comments from the public, but may ask the facilitator to respond or place the item on a future agenda.
No call to the public.
Discussion and Action Items of the Consent Agenda: all items on the consent agenda may be adopted as a whole with one motion, unless a member of the Board wishes to consider it separately
- Approval of the Minutes from the Special Meeting on June 16, 2021
- Approval of the Special Meeting Agenda for Friday, June 18, 2021
Danny Brown made a motion to approve the consent agenda as presented; Dennis Dearden seconded the motion; it was unanimously approved 5/0 by Danny Brown, Dennis Dearden, Stephanie Miller, Mardi Read and Kellie Burns.
Information, Discussion and Action Item: Review and Potentially Modify Encumbrance Items and Amounts
- Review District Survey of Priorities of Technology Needs – Stan presented to the board that he personally spoke with all Superintendents regarding the current situation of lack of funds. All Superintendents stated that they were fine with waiting for their 2nd half of funding until funds were available and understood that the second half of funds could possibly be reduced to 75% with the exception of the following:
- Hillside is not requesting ANY funds and can wait for total pay out
- Seligman requested total funds to be paid out in the amount of $4,720.60
- Skull Valley requested the release of the rest of available funds in the amount of $670.07
- Beaver Creek and YASD will collect their first half and wait for the second half
- Stephanie Miller made a motion to pay out the total for Seligman in the amount of $4,720.60 and Skull Valley in the amount of $670.07; Kellie Burns seconded the motion; it was unanimously approved 5/0 by Danny Brown, Dennis Dearden, Stephanie Miller, Mardi Read and Kellie Burns
- Determine Allocation of $342,200 to Districts for Technology – The board agreed since all schools are okay with waiting they will just hold the remaining funds with the intent that ALL districts will get paid out their remaining funds once funding is available.
Announce Future Meeting Dates
- Tuesday September 14, 2021 (1 PM) – Survey Discussion of Districts Priority Encumbrances
- Tuesday December 14, 2021 (1 PM)
- Tuesday March 8, 2022 (1 PM)
- Tuesday June 14, 2022 (1 PM)
- Tuesday September 13, 2022 (1 PM)
- Tuesday December 13, 2022 (1 PM)
Action Item: Adjournment
Danny Brown adjourned the meeting at 2:16 pm