Meeting Minutes Friday Jan. 22, 2021
Yavapai County Educational Technology Consortium (YCETC)
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Friday, January 22, 2021 – 1pm
YCESA – training room – Zoom
2970 Centerpointe E Dr, Prescott 86301
Board Members and the Public May Attend by Telephonic or Electronic Means. Call 928-442-5692. No Code is Needed.
|Board Members||YCETC Title||Nov. 20||Dec. 11||Jan. 22|
|Tim Carter||Ex Officio Facilitator||P||P||P|
|Gary Cummins||Instructional Technology Rep.||P||P||P|
|Kathy Epperson||Instructional Technology Rep.||P||P||EX|
|Christine Griffin||Group 3 School Rep.||P||P||P|
|Bob Weir||Group 2 School Rep.||P||P||P|
|Marvy McNeese||Group 1 School Rep||P||P||P|
|John Morgan||Yavapai College Rep.||P||P||EX|
|Corey Christians||Library Rep.||P||P||P|
|Bill Sakelarios||Charter Rep.||P||P||EX|
Also present were: Stan Goligoski – YCESA, Jenn Nelson – YCESA, Frank Vander Horst – YCESA e-Rate, Patty Bell-Demers – United Way, Joelle Zuberi – United Way, Nina Seim – United Way
Call to Order (President Epperson)
President Epperson was unable to attend so Vice President McNeese called the meeting to order at 1:04 PM.
Welcome and Establishment of Quorum (President Epperson)
A quorum was established.
Pledge of Allegiance (President Epperson)
Limited Call to the Public
- The public is invited to speak about any agenda items
- There is a limit of three (3) minutes per speaker and 20 minutes total
- Request to speak must be in writing and provided to the Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or prior to any agenda item
- The President has absolute direction over procedural matters
- The board may waive their “Public Participation Policy” as it applies to all speakers
- Members of the public may indicate their support or opposition to a topic, in writing that will be noted and entered into the record
- The board may not respond to comments from the public but may ask the facilitator to respond or place the item on a future agenda
There was no limited calls from the public
Presentation, Discussion and Action Item: United Way of Yavapai County will Propose a Fund Raising Idea / Partnership with YCETC. (Patty Bell-Demers, Executive Director, United Way)
United way presented the board with a proposal of a partnership to fund raise with YCETC. The funds would go directly to YCETC for technology needs for the schools and United Way would take a 10% processing fee of total donations. The board discussed the concept of the online donation portal and decided to work further with United Way and a committee of YCETC board members to further develop a fund raising plan.
Bob Weir made a motion to approve the concept of the fundraising and partnership with United Way and approve a committee of YCETC board members to work with United Way; Christine Griffin seconded the motion; it was approved 4/1 by Bob Weir, Christine Griffin, Marvy McNeese, Corey Christians; Gary Cummins voted against the motion.
The board agreed that the committee to work with United Way will be Tim Carter, Stan Goligoski, Frank Vander Horst, Marvy McNeese, and Christine Griffin. The committee with present a final project for approval at the March meeting.
Action Item: Adjournment
Meeting was adjourned at 1:36 PM