Special Meeting Minutes – Friday, April 23, 2021
Yavapai Education Service Agency – in person or zoom
2970 Centerpointe East Drive, Prescott, Arizona 86301
Friday, April 23, 2021 9:00 A.M.
|Board Members||Representing||March 9 2021||April 23 2021||June 8 2021||Sept. 14 2021||Dec 14 2021|
|Tim Carter||Ex Officio, Non- Voting Facilitator||P||P|
|Kellie Burns||Group 1||P||ABS|
|Dr. Stephanie Miller||Group 2||P||P|
|Danny Brown||Group 3||P||P|
|Dennis Dearden||Group 4||P||P|
|Mardi Read||Group 5||P||P|
Also present were: Stan Goligoski – YCESA
Yavapai County Forest Fee Management Association
Board of Directors
Special Meeting Minutes
Welcome and Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 9:02 a.m.by President Brown
Establishment of Quorum and Pledge of Allegiance (President Brown)
A quorum was established. Due to conference call meeting President Brown dismissed the Pledge of Allegiance.
Limited Call to the Public (President Brown)
- The public is invited to speak about any agenda item.
- There is a limit of three (3) minutes per speaker and 20 minutes total.
- Request to speak must be in writing and provided to the Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or prior to any agenda item.
- The President has absolute discretion over procedural matters
- The Board may waive their “Public Participation Policy” as it applies to all speakers.
- Members of the public may indicate their support or opposition to a topic, in writing, that will be noted and entered into the record.
- The Board may not respond to comments from the public, but may ask the facilitator to respond or place the item on a future agenda.
No call to the public.
Information, Discussion and Action Item: Approval of the Total Fund of Distribution Amount of $1,274,933.45
Tim Carter explained to the board that the original dollar amount had to be changed, due to sequestration. There were no questions from the board.
Stephanie Miller made a motion to approve the total fund distribution amount of $1,274,933.45; Dennis Dearden seconded the motion; it was unanimously approved 4/0 by, Danny Brown, Stephanie Miller, Mardi Read and Dennis Dearden.
Information, Discussion Item: Approval of Fund Distribution Formula:
- The total FY 2020 amount to be distributed is $1,274,933.45
- The total ADM per school is listed, amounting to a county wide total of 20,003.835
- Dividing 20,003.835 into $1,274,933.45 creates a “per pupil amount” of $63.7345
- The formula total did not require rounding
Tim Carter explained the formula. There were no questions from the board.
Dennis Dearden made a motion to approve the distribution formula as presented; Stephanie Miller seconded the motion; it was unanimously approved 4/0 by Danny Brown, Stephanie Miller, Mardi Read and Dennis Dearden.
Information, Discussion and Action Item: Approval of the Annual Allocation per District. Request List of School Districts and Amounts. Per the FFMA Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) Districts Retain 50% and Return 50%
Tim Carter explained the spread sheet to the board containing ADM for Districts 100th day of 2020.
Danny Brown made a motion to approve the annual allocation with clarification that funds would be distributed on Monday 4-26-2021; Stephanie Miller seconded the motion; it was unanimously approved 4/0 by Danny Brown, Stephanie Miller, Mardi Read and Dennis Dearden.
Announce Future Meeting Dates
- Tuesday June 8, 2021 (1 PM)
- Tuesday September 14, 2021 (1 PM)
- Tuesday December 14, 2021 (1 PM)
The board agreed to the above meeting dates.
Action Item: Adjournment
Danny Brown adjourned the meeting at 9:05 am