Meeting Agenda Sept. 8, 2023
Regular Meeting Agenda
Yavapai County Education Technology Consortium
Board of Directors
2970 Centerpointe E Dr.
Prescott, AZ 86301
Friday, September 8, 2023 10:00 am
Board Members may attend the meeting through the use of electronic means. Reasonable accommodations, under the Americans with Disabilities Act can be requested by contacting Jenn Nelson at 928-771-3326 or Jenn.Nelson@Yavapaiaz.gov
Welcome and Call to Order (President Epperson)
Establishment of Quorum and Pledge of Allegiance ( President Epperson)
Limited Call to the Public (President Epperson)
- The public is invited to speak about any agenda item.
- There is a limit of three (3) minutes per speaker and 20 minutes total.
- Request to speak must be in writing and provided to the Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or prior to any agenda item.
- The President has absolute discretion over procedural matters
- The Board may waive their “Public Participation Policy” as it applies to all speakers.
- Members of the public may indicate their support or opposition to a topic, in writing, that will be noted and entered into the record.
- The Board may not respond to comments from the public, but may ask the facilitator to respond or place the item on a future agenda.
Discussion and Action Item of the Consent Agenda: All items on the Consent agenda
may be adopted as a whole with one motion, unless a member of the Board wishes to consider it separately. (President Epperson)
- Approval of the Meeting Minutes of July 10, 2023
- Approval of the Meeting Agenda for September 8, 2023
Presentation, Discussion: Technology Related Discussion with the Arizona Department of Education, Shelby Browne Presenting (President Epperson)
Presentation, Discussion and Action Item: The new signers have been added to the account with Once AZ Credit Union. The Treasurer’s report will be provided at the next board meeting
Presentation, Discussion and Action Item: Review, Discuss and Direction Regarding the Following:
- After the YCETC Board Awarded Sparklight with 37 locations in response to the first RFP for YCETC Broadband Services, Sparklight came to the realization that their Pricing was not competitive in the marketplace, and significantly reduced their pricing (~40% at some speeds/terms).
- If Lumen had responded to the 1st RFP, this would have become apparent at that time
- The board voted to approach Sparklight regarding their new, lower pricing, and request their consideration in lowering their pricing to the consortium?
- YCETC is one of Sparklight’s largest customers, and customers with a much smaller purchase are enjoying much lower pricing.
- Sparklight did not address our concern, and in fact made several inaccurate remarks.
- Mr. Vander Horst and President Epperson have drafted a Letter of Response that will go to Sparklight under the President’s signature, to correct the inaccurate information and request lower pricing
- Sparklight responded back to YCETC, and basically dismissed our concerns. A copy of the letter is attached.
The Board should discuss and determine how they would like to proceed. (President Epperson and Mr. Vander Horst)
Information, Discussion and Action Item: The Board May Add Future Meeting Dates at the YCESA Room
- December 8, 2023 – 10am (Annual Meeting)