Meeting Agenda – Monday, June 3, 2019
Yavapai County Forest Fee Management Association Board of Directors Regular Meeting Agenda.
Yavapai County Education Service Agency Coulter / Giffin / Taylor Training Room 2970 Centerpointe East, Prescott, Az. 86301
Monday, June 3, 2019 9:00 A.M.
Board Members may attend the meeting through the use of electronic means. Reasonable accommodations, under the Americans with Disabilities Act can be requested by contacting Jenn Nelson at 928-442-5138 or Jenn.Nelson@Yavapai.US.
- Welcome and Call to Order (President Brown)
- Establishment of Quorum and Pledge of Allegiance (President Brown)
- Limited Call to the Public (President Brown)
- The public is invited to speak about any agenda item.
- There is a limit of three (3) minutes per speaker and 20 minutes total.
- Request to speak must be in writing and provided to the Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or prior to any agenda item.
- The President has absolute discretion over procedural matters
- The Board may waive their “Public Participation Policy” as it applies to all speakers.
- Members of the public may indicate their support or opposition to a topic, in writing, that will be noted and entered into the
- The Board may not respond to comments from the public, but may ask the facilitator to respond or place the item on a future agenda.
- Discussion Item: Review Association Purpose and Vision (Superintendent Carter)
- Discussion and Action Items of the Consent Agenda: All items on the Consent agenda may be adopted as a whole with one motion, unless a member of the Board wishes to consider it separately. (President Brown)
- Approval of Minutes from the Regular meeting on March 4, 2019.
- Approval of the Regular Meeting Agenda for Monday, June 3, 2019.
- Information and Discussion Item: Fiscal Agent Report, Political / Legislative Update (Superintendent Carter, Mrs. Nelson, and Mr. Goligoski)
- Information, Discussion and Action Item: Approval of Total Fund Distribution Amount of $1,450,964.05. This Does Not Include the Sequestration Amount Which Was Incorrectly Withheld from the Payment and Has Not Been Refunded Yet. (Superintendent Carter)
- Information, Discussion and Action Item: Approval of Fund Distribution Formula;
- The total 2018 amount to be distributed, including interest earned, is $1,450,964.05.
- The total ADM per school is listed, amounting to a county wide total of 20,060.60 ADM.
- Dividing 20,060.60 into $ 1,450,964.05 creates a “per pupil amount” of $ 72.3290.
- Multiplying the “per pupil amount” by the individual school district ADM provides a remaining amount.
- That difference is $.77, leaving a rounding amount of $.03 per school (25 school districts), which is then added to the school total.
- The .02 cents left over goes to our smallest school…..Crown King.
- Information, Discussion and Action Item: Approval of the Annual Allocation per District. See the Attached List of School Districts and Amounts. (Superintendent Carter)
- Information, Discussion and Action Item: Review and Possible Approval of a Possible Recommendation of the Yavapai County Educational Technology Consortium for a Funding Request of $ _____________ (Mr. Goligoski and Mr. Vander Horst)
- Information and Discussion: Current and Possible Future Programs.
- Substitute Consolidation (Mr. Goligoski)
- Lobbying and Community Organizing (Mr. Goligoski, Mrs. Agneessens)
- Recruiting and Retention (Mr. Goligoski)
- Update from Administrative Fund (Superintendent Carter)
- College and Career Specialist (Mr. Goligoski)
- Additional Needs of Member Districts (Board)
- Information, Discussion, and Action Item: Review and Potentially Modify Encumbrance Items and Amounts. (President Brown)
- Yavapai College Matinee Series (Ryan Gastonguay)
- Discussion and Action Item: Topics from the Board for Future
Agenda Items (President Brown)
- Announce Future Meeting Dates (President Brown):
- September 2, 2019
- December 2, 2019
- March 2, 2020
- June 1, 2020
- September 7, 2020
- Open Call to the Public for Future Agenda Items
(Requires a written request to speak and is limited to one (1) minute. The Board may not comment on these requests).
- Action Item: Adjournment (President Brown)