Meeting Agenda Friday September 4, 2020
annual Meeting Agenda
Yavapai County Educational Technology Consortium (YCETC) Board of Directors
Friday, September 4, 2020 10am Regular Meeting
Training Room or via zoom
2970 Centerpointe E Dr
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 977 4387 4660
Board Members and the Public May Attend by Telephonic or Electronic Means.
Call to Order (President Epperson)
Welcome and Establishment of Quorum (President Epperson)
Pledge of Allegiance (President Epperson)
Limited Call to the Public (President Epperson)
- The public is invited to speak about any agenda item.
- There is a limit of three (3) minutes per speaker and 20 minutes total.
- Request to speak must be in writing and provided to the Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or prior to any agenda item.
- The President has absolute discretion over procedural matters
- The Board may waive their “Public Participation Policy” as it applies to all speakers.
- Members of the public may indicate their support or opposition to a topic, in writing, that will be noted and entered into the record.
- The Board may not respond to comments from the public, but may ask the facilitator to respond or place the item on a future agenda.
Discussion and Action Items of the Consent Agenda –
- Approval of the Minutes for May 28, 2020.
- Approval of Meeting Agenda of September 4, 2020.
- Accept Donation of $16,000 from the United Way for Technology Purchases.
Discussion, and Action Items – Legislative Update, Secure Rural Schools Act / Forest Fee Management Association Report (Superintendent Carter)
Presentation, Discussion and Action Items: Treasurer’s Report (Treasurer Cummins)
Overdue Client Accounts
Presentation, Discussion, and Action Item:
AMENDMENT No. 1 to the INTERGOVNERMENTAL AGREEMENT for the Yavapai County Educational Technology Consortium (YCETC), date July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2030. “In accordance with A.R.S 11-925, and to facilitate the Consortium’s work including but not limited to its role and involvement with the E-Rate program, broadband administration, State and Federal Grants, and acceptance of private donations, the Parties hereby authorize the Consortium to form a seperate legal entity to be known as the Yavapai County Educational Technology Consortium Inc. (or substanitally similar name). The entity is to be an Arizona nonprofit corporation governed by the Board of Directors as provided in the Amended Bylaws, dated June 18, 2009”. (Superintendent Carter)
Presentation, Discussion and Action Item: Proposal of By-Law Change
Amend Article II, Duties and Responsibilities of the Board, Add Sectin 6, to Read: “To facilitate the Consortium’s work, including but not limited to its role and involvement with the E-Rate program, broadband administration, State and Federal grants, and acceptance of private donations, the Consortium has formed a seperate legal entity to be known as the Yavapai County Educational Technology Consortium Inc. The entity is to be an Arizona non profit corporation governed by the Board of Directors as oulined herein”. This action will Require a Simple Majority Vote of the Board of Directors. Ratification will be at Least Two Weeks Later after Publishing for the Membership, and Will Require a Final 2/3 Vote of the Board of Directors. (Superintendent Carter)
Presentation Discussion Item: Technology and E-Rate Report (Stan Goligoski and Frank Vander Horst)
Presentation, Disucssion and Action Item: Potential Future Projects or Initiatives, and Potential Funding Request to the Forest Fee Management Association (FFMA). (Stan Goligoksi and Frank Vander Horst)
Discussion and Action Item: The Board will Add Future Meeting Dates (President Epperson)
December 11, 2020, 10 am
March 19, 2021, 10 am
June 18, 2021, 10 am
Action Item: Adjournment (President Epperson):
Reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) will be made by contacting Jenn Nelson at 928-442-5138 or Jenn Nelson@yavapai.us