Meeting Agenda Fri. Dec. 9, 2022
Annual Meeting Agenda
Yavapai County Education Technology Consortium
Board of Directors
2970 Centerpointe E Dr.
Prescott, AZ 86301
Friday, December 9, 2022 10:00 am
Board Members may attend the meeting through the use of electronic means. Reasonable accommodations, under the Americans with Disabilities Act can be requested by contacting Jenn Nelson at 928-771-3326 or Jenn.Nelson@Yavapai.US.
Welcome and Call to Order (President Epperson)
Establishment of Quorum and Pledge of Allegiance (President Epperson)
Pledge of Allegiance
Limited Call to the Public (President Epperson)
- The public is invited to speak about any agenda item.
- There is a limit of three (3) minutes per speaker and 20 minutes total.
- Request to speak must be in writing and provided to the Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or prior to any agenda item.
- The President has absolute discretion over procedural matters
- The Board may waive their “Public Participation Policy” as it applies to all speakers.
- Members of the public may indicate their support or opposition to a topic, in writing, that will be noted and entered into the record.
- The Board may not respond to comments from the public, but may ask the facilitator to respond or place the item on a future agenda.
Discussion and Action Item of the Consent Agenda: All items on the Consent agenda
may be adopted as a whole with one motion, unless a member of the Board wishes to consider it separately. (President Epperson)
- Approval of the Regular Meeting Minutes of September 9, 2022
- Approval of the Annual Meeting Minutes of December 9, 2022
Presentation, Discussion, Action Item: Treasurer’s Report, Including Consideration of a “Rainy Day Fund”. (Treasurer Cummins)
Presentation, Discussion, Action Item: The Sparklight Broadband Contract Will Conclude on June 30, 2023. At our September Meeting, the YCETC Board Authorized Legal Counsel (Wright, Welker and Pauole) be Retained, and the Development of a Request for Proposals be Developed, Reviewed, Distributed and Review Team Approval Under the Authority of the Board. Due to the timelines, potential actions will be provided at the meeting. (Superintendent Carter and Frank Vander Horst)
Presentation, Discussion, Action Item: Member Survey Results. (President Epperson)
Presentation, Discussion and Action Item: As a Result of the Survey, Ratify the Action of President Epperson, to Create and Maintain a YCETC TechTalk@gmail.com Email Option to Allow for Membership Communication and Q and A Chat Room. (Superintendent Carter and President Epperson)
Presentation, Discussion and Action Item: Assuming the Approval of Item # 9, the Board will Create an Acceptable Use Policy for the YCETC TechTalk@gmail.com Domain. (Superintendent Carter and President Epperson)
Presentation, Discussion and Action Item: Consider the Authorization of a Committee of IT Professionals, and How They Will be Selected, to Make Recommendations to the Board About Specific IT Needs of Yavapai County Schools. (Superintendent Carter and President Epperson)
Presentation, Discussion and Action Item: Should the YCETC Consider Asking the Forest Fee Management Association (FFMA) for Funding to Provide for a Part Time Educational Technology Coordinator. (Superintendent Carter and President Epperson)
Discussion and Action Item: The Following Meeting Dates Have Been Established by the Board. The Board May Add Future Meeting Dates for 2023 and 2024. (President Epperson)
- January 13, 2023 10am