Yavapai County Forest Fee Management Association
Board of Directors
Regular Meeting Agenda
Yavapai County Education Service Agency
2970 Centerpointe East
Prescott, AZ. 86301
Tuesday, December 14, 2021 1:00 PM
Board Members may attend the meeting through the use of electronic means. Reasonable accommodations, under the Americans with Disabilities Act can be requested by contacting Jenn Nelson at 928-771-3326 or Jenn.Nelson@Yavapai.US.
Welcome and Call to Order (President Brown)
Establishment of Quorum and Pledge of Allegiance (President
Limited Call to the Public (President Brown)
- The public is invited to speak about any agenda item.
- There is a limit of three (3) minutes per speaker and 20 minutes total.
- Request to speak must be in writing and provided to the Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or prior to any agenda item.
- The President has absolute discretion over procedural matters
- The Board may waive their “Public Participation Policy” as it applies to all speakers.
- Members of the public may indicate their support or opposition to a topic, in writing, that will be noted and entered into the record.
- The Board may not respond to comments from the public, but may ask the facilitator to respond or place the item on a future agenda.
Discussion and Action Items of the Consent Agenda: all items one the consent agenda may be adopted as a whole with one motion, unless a member of the board wishes to consider it separately (President Brown)
- Approval of Minutes from the Special Meeting September 14, 2021
- Approval of the Regular Meeting Agenda for Tuesday, December 14, 2021
- The FFMA Board of Directors Herby Authorizes County Superintendent Tim Carter to Call for Electronic Nominations and Conduct an Electronic Election for the Group 2, 4, and 5 seats on the FFMA Board of Directors, prior to the end of the Calendar Year, for a New Term ending December 31, 2024
- Waive By-Law, Article 2, Board of Directors, Section 3, Meetings of the Board, to Allow for the Annual Election of Officers to Take Place in March 2022 instead of December 2021, Due to Expiring Terms and the Opening of Nominations for Vacant Seats
Information, Discussion and Action Item: Fiscal Agent Report, Political/Legislative Update, Secure Rural Schools Update (Superintendent Carter)
Information Discussion and Action Item: Due to the Lapsing of Walnut Grove Elementary School District, Pursuant to ARS 15- 469, Superintendent Carter has Placed the Remaining Funds ($193k+) in the County School Fund, Which Will be Transferred to the Forest Fee Management Fund Contingent Upon the FFMA Board Approval to Disperse the Funds to Yavapai County School Districts using the Normal FFMA Protocol. Does the Board Wish to Distribute Those Funds, Plus Accrued Interest at This Time, or Would They Like to Hold the Funds in the Account Until the Next Secure Rural Schools Act Funding is Received? It is Unknown When that Will Be? (Superintendent Carter)
**NOTE- Agenda Items # 7, 8, and 9 Will Only be Considered if the Board Votes to Distribute Funds at This Time as Outlined as an Option in Item #6 Above. (Superintendent Carter)
Information, Discussion and Action Item: Approval of Total Fund Distribution Amount of $195,130.10 (Superintendent Carter)
Information, Discussion and Action Item: Approval of Fund Distribution Formula:
- The Total Amount to be Distributed, including Interest Earned, is $195,130.10
- The Total 2021 ADM per School is listed, Countywide Total of 18,604.097
- Dividing 18,604.097 into $195,130.10 Creates a “Per Pupil Amount” of $10.489
- Multiplying that “Per Pupil Amount” by the Individual School District ADM Provides a Remaining Amount
- That Difference is $0, Leaving a Rounding Amount of $0 per School to be Added to the School Total
- There was No Rounding Necessary to go to the Smallest District
Information, Discussion and Action Item: Approval of Special Allocation per District. See the Attached List of School Districts and Amounts (Superintendent Carter)
Discussion Item: Review Draft of District Encumbrance Survey (President Brown)
Information, Discussion and Action Item: Review and Potentially Modify Encumbrance Items and Amounts. (President Brown)
- Technology Related Funding
- College and Career Specialist
- Consolidated Substitute Teacher Potential Training Update
- E-Rate Update
- Yavapai College Matinee Series
- Administrative Fund
- Elections Update
- Other Budget, Encumbrance, or Financial Items Raised from the Member Districts or Board Members
Discussion and Action Item: Topics from the Board for Future Agenda Items (President Brown)
Announce Future Meeting Dates
- Tuesday, March 8, 2022 (1PM)
- Tuesday, June 14, 2022 (1PM)
- Tuesday, September 13, 2022 (1PM)
- Tuesday, December 13, 2022 (1PM)