School and District Accounting and Financial Services
The County School Superintendent serves as the fiscal agent for county school districts. Accounting services provided for school districts saves administrative costs and provides fiscal oversight for Yavapai County tax payers.
- Reconciling district cash balances with the County Treasurer’s office.
- Verifying federal and state district completion reports and transmitting them to the Arizona Department of Education.
- Reviewing, and for some districts preparing, annual financial reports and expenditure budgets.
- Reviewing and processing all expense and payroll vouchers for 26 school districts.
- Entering revenue for 26 school districts.
- Providing estimates in order to help determine local property tax rates for school districts.
- Assisting school districts in complying with state and federal statutes and regulations.
- Recording teacher certifications.
- Verifying and filing transcripts of legal boundaries of all school districts.
- Assisting school districts with legislative agendas.